Whether you want to cook, fry or boil, a propane burner is the optimum solution for all outdoor applications that require a heating source. What makes a propane burner become an outdoor propane burner? Not much, just the addition of a windscreen to protect the flame. Apart from that, all you need is to decide which brand you want and for what purpose you need it.
Top-Rated Propane Burner List:
|Northern Brewer 68014||72000||Adjustable||View on Amazon|
|Bayou Classic SS84||59000||16In||View on Amazon|
|Northern Brewer Dark Star 2.0||65000||6In||View on Amazon|
|Gas ONE GS-2000P||16000||Adjustable||View on Amazon|
|Blichmann Hell Fire Floor Burner||140000||19.75In||View on Amazon|
|Bayou Classic DB375||2x55000||28.75Inx14In||View on Amazon|
|DCS BGC131-BI-L||17000||13In||View on Amazon|
|Bull Outdoor Products 96000||61000||22In||View on Amazon|
|Concord 16" Banjo Single Burner Stove||200,000||16In||View on Amazon|
|Gas One B-3600H||200,000||15.75In||View on Amazon|
If you intend to cook with it, then a propane cooker style burner is what you want to buy, this gives you ample controls over the flame, is easy to assemble and disassemble for camping and other outdoor requirements. If you intend to brew beer or distill alcohol, then you need a good propane burner that gives you solid and rugged standing with great flame control.
The bottom line is this; you need to buy a quality item, constructed from reliable materials, and capable of withstanding the outside elements while providing a sufficient burn area for an even flame and heat.
Now that you understand you need to buy only a reliable outdoor gas burner let’s take a look at the bets on the market today.
Best Propane Burner Reviews:
- Top-Rated Propane Burner List:
- Best Propane Burner Reviews:
- 1. Edelmetall Brü Burner -- Outdoor Propane Burner Designed Specifically for Home Brewing Beer
- 2. Bayou Classic SS84 Stainless Steel Brew Stove with Windscreen
- 3. Northern Brewer -- Dark Star 2.0 Propane 65,000 BTU Burner
- 4. Gas ONE GS-2000 Dual Fuel Portable Propane & Butane Double Stove
- 5. Blichmann Engineering Hell Fire Floor Burner
- 6. Bayou Classic DB375, Double Burner with Folding Side Shelves
- 7. DCS Built-In Single Side Burner (71135) (BGC131-BI-L), Propane
- 8. Bull Outdoor Products 96000 Power Burner Propane Liquid
- 9. Concord 16″ Banjo Single Burner Stove Brewing 200,000 BTU Home Brewing Equipment Supply
- 10. Gas One B-3600H Propane 200,000-BTU Single Outdoor Brewing Burner with Adjustable Height
Not only does it look good, but it also manages the flame even better. This is an all-around perfect match made in Germany and combines years of experience with years of design.
The flame reaches 72,000 BTUs, and the frame supports a fully filled 30 Gallon container. The burner surface is actually adjustable to fit any diameter kettle you might decide to use. This model also comes with a precise needle valve that provides you with boil-over control and is micro adjustable.
The Edelmetall Brü® Burner has an optional 27″ high Leg Extensions raise making it easier to manage the boil.
To finish off al these amazing features is the unique design that only a superior conscious brewer would consider, after all, a flame might only be a flame, but control with style is the best.
- Size 5 x 15.0 x 13.5 inches
- Weight 25 lbs.
- Output 72,000 BTU
- Height of Burner 12”
- Surface Diameter Adjustable to Fit any Diameter
- Pressure 10 psi Regulator
- Capacity Fits Kettles Up To 30 Gallons
The Bayou Classic Stainless Brew Burner is designed for brewing in mind; sure you can use this for many applications. This solid and rugged model comes with a 13.25″ high welded frame providing you with a 16 x 16 heating surface.
This cooking surface can hold containers sizes from 10 quarts up to 100-quart pots. The wide windscreen provides you with ample protection, allowing for a more stable and constant flame, delivering heat across the entire surface of the container and leading to a more controlled boil.
To finish it off this iron burner comes with a 10psi high-pressure regulator, and has a sturdy brass control valve for flame control. The burner connects to the propane tank using an ultra-safe 36″ stainless braided LPG hose.
- Cooking Surface 16″ x 16″
- Welded Frame 25″ High
- Stainless Braided Hose 36″
- Regulator 10 PSI with Brass Control Valve
- Windscreen Protection 360°
Dark Star® 2.0 is an exceptional model that is perfect for brewing or any outdoor application that requires a controlled and constant heat source. This model delivers 65,000 BTUs that can heat up to 15-gallon containers.
Weather conditions are not a concern with this model, the Dark Star® 2.0 withstands all adverse outdoor conditions with its 3.5” wind guard, and has a fine tune adjustable regulator for precise and easy gas control.
This model sports a lighter port and is low prices, making this an exceptional value for money device that works right out of the box.
- Product Dark Star® Burner
- Output 65,000 BTU
- Description High Pressure Burner
- Burner Height 4 inches
- Size 18 x 18.1 x 13.4 inches
- Surface Dia. 18 inches
- Weight 5 lbs
- Pressure Cylinder Pressure
If its versatility you require, then this model, the Gas ONE GS-2000 is the one you need. It can work with either propane or butane, and this model comes with some outstanding features.
To secure your cook, this model comes with sturdy non-slip rubber legs that will sit flush on any surface, dry or wet. The air vents allow for controlled air flow, so you don’t ever stifle the flame during adverse weather conditions.
Ignition is fast, using the piezoelectric igniter, you get an immediate spark every time you need it. There is an auto safety shut off mechanism that will protect you when the flame goes out while the gas is still on, and there is a heat resistant knob that enables you to control the flame without discomfort.
The Gas ONE GS-2000 has a safety lever and a built-in cartridge ejection system that gives you fast and easy gas replacement capabilities.
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Output: 16,000 BTU
- Dimensions: 7 x 11.3 x 4″
- Weight: 10 lbs.
- Fuel Type: 8 oz Butane Canister & 16.4 oz Propane Tank
The TopTier™ HellFire™ burner is a brewer’s delight and was designed to lead the pack in power and versatility. This model was created in 2009 and was the worlds first brewer only model, design focused on brewing and not cooking.
The HellFire™ delivers an astounding 140,000BTU/hr. of heat and will boil up your 20 gallons with ease, and its fine-tuning capabilities allow you to control and maintain the heat level for a perfect brew. You will also save a lot of fuel when you set the heat to efficiency mode, which is 50% of the power setting and delivers 80,000 BTU’s, which is still more heat than most competitors.
The HellFire™ has a bolt-on stand burner and a highly efficient heat shield that diverts the heat from your thermometer and valve to the wort. The heating platform is adjustable and will hold any container up to a diameter of 19 ¾”.
This is an outdoor model, do not use it indoors for your safety.
- Mode: Dual capacity
- High Power Mode: 140,000 BTU/hr.
- Efficiency Mode: 80,000/hr.
- Heat Shield: Clip-on
- Retaining bars Adjustable to 20″ diameter
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Load/Size bearing: 20″ Diameter or 250 lbs. (175 when using leg extensions)
If you are looking for size and big batch processing, then the Bayou Classic DB375, Double Burner is the model to get. This beast comes with two 6” cast iron burners, each with its own brass control valve. The flame is controlled by a 10 PSI preset regulator, and each burner delivers 55,000BTU giving a total of 110,000BTU in one session.
This model comes with a 13” high steel frame and locking extension legs, which raise the burners height to 25” high. The cooking surface is 14” x 28.75,” and you get side shelves to help you store the burner elements when not in use, as well as provide storage area during use.
The DB375 comes with a 36” braided stainless steel hose and regulator and can heat up to 60-quart stock pots simultaneously.
- 13″ Heavy Duty Steel Frame
- Slide and Lock Side Shelves
- Locking Extension Legs Raise Height to 25″
- 14″ x 28¾” Large Cooking Surface
- Dual 6″ Cast Iron Fry Burners
- Dual Brass Control Valves
- 15 PSI Preset Regulator
- 36″ Stainless Braided Hose
- Capable of Supporting Two 60-Qt. Stockpots
The dedicated DCS Side Burner is a classic design for either a built-in burner or a mobile unit. It is designed for a discerning eye; rather than the rugged outdoor sparse frame, it is a constructed brushed stainless-steel construct that can be sued for cooking and brewing.
This model has one burner delivering a moderate 17,000 BTUs, and you can choose between a single or double burner capacity model. This model comes with two gas options, either natural gas or propane.
- Dimensions: 16 1/16″ x 10 5/8″ x 14 9/16″
- Finish: 304 grade stainless steel
- Number of burners 1
- Burner BTU: 17,000
- Gas requirements
- 1/2″ NPT male with 3/8″ in flare adapter
- Gas requirements LP
- LP hose with regulator and Type 1 connector
- Operational Pressure 11″ W.C.
- Supply Pressure 12″ to 14″ W.C.
- Shipping weight 46 lbs.
- Metal dials
- One-step direct burner ignition
- Stainless steel grate cover
- Power Requirements 5V battery for ignition
If it’s simple and steady, then the powerful Bull Power Burner is the design you want. This is a classic stainless-steel construct that can stand alone or slide in as part of a built-in design. This burner is made of a stylized 304 stainless steel with a solid stainless-steel cooking grate as well as a piezo ignition system that will light your fire every time.
The solid brass burner delivers an adjustable flame that reaches 61,000 BTU’s and is controlled through a finely tuned knob. This is an excellent outdoor home cooking burner as well as a great unit to take camping when you want some style in the rough.
- 304 Stainless Steel Construction
- 304 Stainless Steel Removable Cover
- Solid Stainless-Steel Grates & Piezo Igniter System
- 61,000 BTU Stainless Outer Burner & Brass inner Burner
- Slide-In design
- Control Panel matches Grills
- Weight: 35 lbs
This Concord Banjo Burner is a solid, no-nonsense, no-frills, straightforward burner designed to get the job done.
Don’t expect brushed steel finishes and fancy knobs. This model is a powerhouse designed to deliver 200,000 BTUS from a sturdy, rugged and reliable unit, streamlined for efficiency.
The flame is controlled by a 20 PSI regulator, and the burner stand dimensions are 16″ Wide x 12″ Height. The burner element is 10″ Wide and is made of cast iron, which will deliver you a lifetime of uninterrupted performance.
This model comes with detachable legs that make storage easy when not in use, but the stand out feature is that this model will support up to 400 Lbs. of weight, which is the equivalent of a full 200 QT pot.
- Fuel Hose
- Length 72”
- Diameter 1”
- Other Dimensions
- Overall Height -- Top to Bottom 29”
- Overall Width -- Side to Side 35”
- Overall Depth -- Front to Back 18”
- Total Weight Capacity 400 lb.
- Individual Burner Width- Side to Side 6”
- Individual Burner Depth- Front to Back 6”
- Each stove has approximately 12″ space
- Required griddle: 36″ W x 18″ H
The Gas One B-3600H is another direct, no-nonsense burner that is intended for home or commercial use when brewing or cooking large vats of liquid. This beast delivers 200,000 BTU’s from its cast iron burner and comes with adjustable legs so you can support lighter weights for the higher cooking experience.
This model is so simple, it’s laughable, you just connect the propane tank to the regulator to the burner, and presto you are ready to fire it up. Simple, straightforward and perfect for camping, or brewing, and for any outdoor application.
- Material: Metal Frame w/Cast Iron Burner
- Output: 200,000 BTU
- Dimensions: 75 x 15.75 x 28.5″
- Weight: 24 lbs.
- Fuel Type: US Standard 20 lb Propane Tank