A blender is something we are very accustomed to seeing in kitchens. Over decades blenders turned from technological wonder to one of the most commonplace kitchen appliances.
Their value cannot be overstated: they save a lot of time and effort helping us blend, mix, pulverize, puree, grind, and mill foods in a matter of a few minutes.
Some blenders can do even more than that, going as far as making the dough, whipping up batter, and even making hot soups. Some have just a few basic functions. You can take some blenders with you wherever you go and there are ones are large enough to make meals for an entire family.
Some of them are designed to sit on your kitchen countertop and others look like a portable magic wand you can immerse in any suitable container.
When it comes to ice crushing, finding the right blender may be tricky. You will need a more powerful machine for that but power capacity isn’t all you should pay attention to. For example, a good ice-crushing blender must feature multiple heavy-duty stainless steel blades and a high-impact blending jug.
Comparison of the Best Blenders for Crushing Ice:
|NutriBullet Pro||900 W||1x 32 oz blending cup, 1x 24 oz handled cup||BPA-free plastic, brushed metal finish||6 stainless steel extractor blades|
|Blendtec Total Classic Original Blender||1560 W||90 oz jug||BPA-free plastic, metal base||Patented thickened stainless steel blade|
|Vitamix Professional Series 750 Blender||1600 W peak power||64 oz low-profile jug||Plastic, brushed metal||4 hardened stainless steel blades|
|BELLA BLA13984 Rocket Extract PRO||700 W||3x 24 oz cups, 2x 12 oz cups||Plastic, brushed metal||2 sets of stainless steel blades|
|Blendtec Professional 800 Blender||1800 W peak power||90 oz jug||Plastic, brushed metal||Patended thickened stainless steel blade|
|Breville BBL620 Fresh & Furious Blender||1100 W||48 oz jug||BPA-free plastic, brushed metal||4 surgical grade stainless steel blades|
|Cuisinart CBT-2000 Hurricane Pro Blender||1500 W||64 oz jug||Tritan plastic, metal||6 stainless steel blades|
List of the Best Blenders for Crushing Ice:
|NutriBullet Pro - 13-Piece High-Speed Blender/Mixer System with Hardcover Recipe Book Included (900...||1,290 Reviews||$89.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Blendtec Total Classic Original Blender - WildSide+ Jar (90 oz) - Professional-Grade Power - 6...||272 Reviews||$417.12 $417.11||Buy on Amazon|
|Vitamix Professional Series 750 Blender, Professional-Grade, 64 oz. Low-Profile Container, Black||95 Reviews||$598.99||Buy on Amazon|
|BELLA BLA13984 Rocket Extract PRO Power Blender, 15 Piece set, stainless steel||3,081 Reviews||$39.99 $35.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Blendtec Professional 800 Blender with WildSide+ Jar (90 oz), Sealed Sound Enclosure, Industries...||63 Reviews||$799.95||Buy on Amazon|
|Breville BBL620 Fresh & Furious Blender, Silver||154 Reviews||$199.95||Buy on Amazon|
|Cuisinart CBT-2000 3.5 Peak Hurricane Pro Blender, Gunmetal, Gun Metal||214 Reviews||$291.63||Buy on Amazon|
Best Blenders for Crushing Ice: Review
- Comparison of the Best Blenders for Crushing Ice:
- List of the Best Blenders for Crushing Ice:
- Best Blenders for Crushing Ice: Review
- Blender FAQ
- With 900 watts of power, the Pro is faster and stronger than the original, but just as simple to use. Load it up with dense whole foods like nuts, seeds, hard fruits, and kale, then push, twist and blend your way to a healthier lifestyle.
- Optimized 900-watt motor and refined nutrient extraction blades blend The toughest whole foods into nutritious shakes, smoothies, and nut butters.
It’s one of the smallest machines in this category, clearly rather intended for personal use than as a family appliance. And considering it’s a relatively small device, it can do quite a lot.
Aside from regular smoothie making, it crushes ice and frozen fruit with ease, chops and blends leafy veggies, and makes thick dips and all kinds of butter.
What’s great is that you don’t have to chop up your ingredients before adding them to the blending cup. ButriBullet Pro will do that for you effortlessly.
Just like the original NutriBullet, this blender comes with useful extras. With this one, you’ll get an additional 24 ounces cup, a no-spill lid, and 3 cup rings, one of which is handled. It’s worth noting that NutriBullet Pro features only one set of blades as opposed to 2 sets offered by the original model.
In terms of design, NutriBullet Pro looks very similar to the original model with its combination of plastic and brushed metal finish. It comes in a large variety of color options, so you can choose what fits in your kitchen better.
- Very easy to use and to clean. Like its predecessor, NutriBullet Pro only has one speed option. All removable parts are dishwasher safe.
- Very good with crushing ice and any kinds of frozen foods, even tougher ones.
- Great personal blender to start living healthily.
1. This blender doesn’t look very different from the original NutriBullet. What’s the difference?
The biggest difference of this model from the previous one is that NutriBullet Pro is a much more powerful blender.
2. Can NutriBullet Pro grind dry ingredients well? Like nuts, seeds of coconut flakes?
Yes, it’s extremely good with any kinds of dried foods.
3. Can this blender break fibers as effectively as NutriBullet does? Does it make good whole juices?
NutriBullet Pro is powerful enough to break and blend any kind of fruit or vegetables and turn them into nutritious drinks with a smooth consistency.
Blendtec Total Classic Original Blender
- Easy Blending Cycles: one-touch buttons, six pre-programmed cycles, pulse, and ten speed manual control with the ability to achieve a variety of textures. Complete control to adjust your blending at any time.
- Patented Blade/80% Thicker: Stainless-Steel forged blade, with wings, for amazingly smooth blends (10x stronger than other blender blades). Note: blade is not sharp, blade is dull. No more cuts or pokes.
Smoothies, hot soups, dough and batter, ice cream are only a few things it can make. What’s really great about it is that it makes blending even faster thanks to the preset blending programs. This means that you can make your favorite meals just by pushing a button.
There are a few interesting features specific to this particular brand of blenders. First of all, it’s a thickened stainless steel double blade and it’s blunt.
It means that you will never hurt your hands when washing the blending jug and it also means that this machine is capable of pulverizing even the toughest of foods into a perfectly smooth delicious mass.
Second, it’s a WildSlide+ jug, a container with a wider bottom and a fifth side that makes blending even more efficient.
Blendtec Total Classic Original Blender looks professional, there is no other word for it. It looks like it will look at home in any professional kitchen and considering its power and high-level performance, it’s not far from the truth.
This machine is at the top of the price range and as it’s a high-end state-of-the-art model, it’s not surprising. Om the other hand, it’s definitely something worth investing in as it will serve you and your family for years.
- Powerful blending machine with a 1560 W motor
- 6 preset blending programs, 10 speed options
- Efficient even with the toughest tasks
- Can easily operate with hot liquids
- Digital controls
- Easy to clean
1. What’s so special about the WilSlide+ jug? How is it different from a regular jug?
The WildSlide+ jug has a patented design featuring the 5th side. It means that food in your blender easily slides down on the blades doesn’t just stick to the sides of the jug.
2. How good is this blender with blending leafy veggies?
Blendtec Total Classic Original Blender blends pretty much anything you give it into a perfectly smooth consistency, without any lumps or chunks of food.
3. I’ve noticed that it’s difficult to blend frozen fruit. What should I do?
You might want to add liquid for the frozen fruit to blended well. This blender is much more efficient when you add liquid.
Vitamix Professional Series 750 Blender
- Automated Blending: Five pre-programmed settings ensure simple cleaning, walk-away convenience, and consistent results for smoothie, frozen dessert, soup, and purée recipes.
- You're in Control: Variable Speed Control and Pulse feature let you manually fine-tune the texture of any recipe;Cord: 6 ft
Vitamix Professional Series 750 Blender has the sleek minimalistic look of a professional machine and once you start getting familiar with it, you realize that it’s really a professional-grade blender.
It can do anything you can expect from a blender and much more. Whether you want to make nutritious smoothies for an entire family or some ice-cream, hot soups, knead a dough, whisk up some batter, it’s more than up to the task.
This blender’s design is not just an aesthetic solution. Its wide-bottomed low-profile jug allows blending large amounts of food thoroughly and efficiently. The large rectangular base featuring easy manual controls is heavy enough to keep this powerful machine still while it’s working.
Four sharp stainless steel blades will blend anything into an even smooth mass without leaving any pimps behind. What’s good to know is that the motor doesn’t get overheated thanks to a smart motor-cooling system.
This Vitamix Professional Series 750 Blender doesn’t disappoint in terms of versatility either. It offers 5 preset programs for easier and faster blending and 10 speed options so you can choose your preferred level of consistency.
- Leader on the market of blending machines
- Professional-grade powerful blender
- Efficient with any tasks you give it, from making smoothies to crushing ice into snow
- Minimalistic sleek design
1. Does this blender come with any spare containers?
No, it doesn’t. The package contains the blender itself, a DVD, and a cookbook.
2. Does this blender come in black-and-gray palette only?
This line of blenders doesn’t offer many color options but there are models featuring copper metal finish.
3. Is the blending jug made of glass?
No, it isn’t. Even tempered glass would have a hard time enduring the power this machine offers.
4. Does this blender run on American standard voltage?
Yes, it runs on 110 V but you can buy an adapter if you are located in Europe or somewhere else.
BELLA BLA13984 Rocket Extract PRO
- HANDHELD BLENDING POWER: This 15-piece blending set has a 700 watt power base with a stainless steel blending blade that can emulsify & liquify whole fruits & even leafy greens, plus a grinding blade that allows you to pulverize dry foods and spices.
- SIMPLE & VERSATILE: The Rocket Extract PRO comes with 5 blending tumblers that attach directly to the blades so you can enjoy a smoothie right from the cup you use to prepare it with minimal cleanup. Or you can use it to grind nuts, spices or coffee beans
BELLA BLA13984 Rocket Extract PRO is uncomplicated and quite versatile. It’s not a basic smoothie maker and it’s not an expensive high-performance countertop beast. It takes place somewhere in between and offers 700 Watts of power to perform tasks like blending, emulsifying, grinding.
It can work well with liquids and dry foods alike, it can easily crush ice and make nut butter. If you want a blender to make hummus, pesto, guacamole, grind coffee beans, make perfect smoothies and icy drinks, this might be a nice option.
To enhance its versatility, BELLA BLA13984 Rocket Extract PRO offers two sets of blades, for pulverizing and for grinding. Even more, it comes with 5 blending cups that attach directly to the blades, 5 lids including a sift lid and a no-spill lid, and two cup rings.
Being a personal bullet blender, BELLA BLA13984 Rocket Extract PRO offers only one speed option but you can create your own Pulse mode by pushing the cup down and letting it go.
- A personal-sized blender that matches the efficiency of larger, more powerful counterparts
- Lightweight and compact
- Versatile and can perform any task, from blending to grinding, with efficiency
1. Can I order replacement cups from the manufacturer?
You’ll have to contact them and ask. It seems like the manufacturer doesn’t offer any replacement parts at the moment but they might have something you need.
2. Can I use this bullet blender with any mason jars?
No, you’ll have to use the original cups that come with the product. But as there are 5 of them, using mason jars might be unnecessary.
3. How good is it at blending harder veggies like carrots or zucchinis?
This blender is exceptionally good with blending pretty much anything but it needs some liquid to pulverize harder ingredients.
Blendtec Professional 800 Blender
- Blendtec blenders are built to the highest professional standards. Our blades are 80% thicker and 10x stronger than other blender blades. No tamper/plunger needed. Professional-grade countertop or in-counter professional blender with 1-touch timed and pre-programmed cycles for smoothies, shakes, soups, crushed ice, juicer, ice cream maker, mixer, and self-cleaning.
- Six preprogrammed blend cycles + pulse for just about any recipe. Use specific cycles to make anything from smoothies and fresh whole juice to cappuccinos, soups, margaritas, bread dough, sauces, dressings, and much more. The Pro 800 is capable of achieving 3.8 peak horsepower under laboratory conditions.
The tweak is a plastic enclosure around the blending jug that blocks a large amount of noise and allows fora much quieter operation. If you are familiar with how loud these powerful machines can get, you can appreciate this interesting feature.
Blendtec Professional 800 Blender offers 6 present blending programs that allow performing many tasks just by pressing a button, which significantly saves time. 11 speed options let you choose desired consistency and texture with great precision.
Like most other high-performance machines, this blender offers more functionality so you can use it for anything from whipping up smoothies and shakes to making hot soups and ice-creams.
It’s powerful 1800 W motor helps it easily cope with tougher tasks like crushing large ice cubes or kneading the dough.
When it comes to design, Blendtec Professional 800 Blender offers elegant simplicity and efficiency. It rocks that monochrome high-tech professional look that will grace any kitchen.
The control panel features a touchpad allowing you to change speed just by sliding your finger over it. This blender also features the signature Blendtec WildSlide+ jug design for increased blending efficiency.
- Powerful professional-grade machine designed to perform heavy-duty tasks
- Sound blocking system that allows it operating at lower noise levels than other high-power blenders
- Large choice of speed options and preset blending programs
- Great design
1. Can I use another Blendtec WildSlide+ jug with this blender?
Yes, all Blendtec WildSlide jugs are universal and you can use them with any model.
2. What is this blender’s voltage?
It can be used both for American standard plugs (110V) and European (220V).
3. Is it dishwasher safe?
The plastic blending jug is dishwasher safe, just make sure you put it on your dishwasher’s top rack only.
4. Are the blades removable?
No, they are not, but cleaning them isn’t difficult.
Breville BBL620 Fresh & Furious Blender
- Even blending kinetics performance: combines the functionality of a powerful blender with some food processing tasks for versatility and convenience; Crush and chop to turn ice into snow, fold and aerate for creamy smoothies and soups
- Quiet & efficient: The blade design and high torque motor delivers quiet and efficient blending performance; Engineered surgical grade stainless steel ensures the blades stay sharp, for Longer
Breville BBL620 Fresh & Furious Blender is visibly smaller than many high-power blenders, being only 17 inches tall and 8 inches wide, with a 48 oz blending jug. It’s also less loud and less heavy.
It’s a little bit more modest in terms of versatility as well. Breville BBL620 Fresh & Furious Blender won’t make hot soups and knead the dough but it will blend, pulverize, and crush ice efficiently.
The patented system of 4 curved-up blades allows pulling ingredients towards the blade and pulverizing them into a perfectly smooth consistency.
It’s extremely easy to use too, with its 3 preset smoothie, green smoothie, and auto pulse ice crush blending programs. Aside from that, it offers 5 speed options for mixing, chopping, blending, pureeing, and liquifying functions. And there is a timer with an LCD.
- A smaller and more affordable high-performance blender
- Easy to use and versatile
- Heavy-duty unique stainless steel blades
- 3 preset blending programs and 5 speed options
1. How well does it perform with frozen fruit?
By using pulse ice crush preset program, you can easily pulverize frozen fruit and make icy drinks. But make sure that you use smaller pieces of frozen foods and add some liquid.
2. Is it easy to clean?
Thanks to the wide-bottomed jug, this blender is quite easy to clean. You can add some water and liquid soap to the blending jug and use a medium speed option to clean it. Rinse under water afterward or just put in on your dishwasher’s top rack.
3. How many cups does the blending jug hold?
48 ounces is roughly 6 cups.
Cuisinart CBT-2000 Hurricane Pro Blender
- Powerful commercial-grade 3.5 peak Horsepower
- Extra-large, 64-ounce BPA-free Tritan plastic jar with soft-grip handle
First of all, it’s worth mentioning that this is quite a powerful device. Its 3,5 peak horsepower allows it to crush ice and make hot soups without much effort.
One of the features that make this possible are the large heavy-duty stainless steel blades that will chop through pretty much everything you throw into the jug.
A user-friendly control panel is another feature worth mentioning. Cuisinart CBT-2000 Hurricane Pro Blender offers a few functions but not too many and you can easily choose the mode you need without looking into the user’s manual.
For quite a powerful device, Cuisinart CBT-2000 Hurricane Pro Blender isn’t too heavy and is quite stable when working. You can be sure that it won’t “dance” across your kitchen countertop once you switch it on. It’s also no overly loud, which is a nice bonus.
- Powerful and versatile but not overly complicated
- More affordable than popular high-end brand models
- Easy to clean
1. Is this blender better than Vitamix?
I don’t think it’s quite fair to compare it to Vitamix, since the latter is a more powerful professional-grade machine. Cuisinart CBT-2000 Hurricane Pro Blender won’t knead the dough or make ice-cream but it’s capable of working with hot liquids, including hot soups and crushes ice effortlessly.
It’s a reliable machine, powerful enough for coping with harder tasks, even though it’s not as flashy as Vitamix.
2. The specifications say that this blender has a 64-ounce jug. What is its actual capacity?
It’s 8 cups for max ingredients load, 4 cups for hot liquids and 3 cups for the cleaning mode.
3. Is it safe for blending hot liquids?
Yes, it is. You’ll have to go slow, though. Use the Pulse mode and make sure you hold the lid down using a towel or a potholder.
Can you crush ice cubes in a blender?
The simple answer is yes, you can. However, it’s worth paying attention to whether your blending machine has the muscle to tackle this task.
While many machines can blend small ice pellets and shaved ice, it takes a powerful device with heavy-duty blades and a high-impact container to crush whole ice cubes of regular size.
Besides, in most cases when crushing ice cubes you’ll have to make sure you add liquid. Otherwise, this can damage your blender’s motor.
Can the Nutribullet crush ice?
Technically, NutriBullet can crush ice, on a few conditions. First, use small ice cubes or ice pellets. Second, don’t try to crush ice in a NutriBullet cup unless you add some liquid. Third, never use whole large and regular-sized ice cubes, NutriBullet isn’t designed to crush them.
How many watts do you need to blend ice?
Ice crushing is one of the tougher tasks for a blending machine that requires some muscle. Of course, it depends on what kind of ice you are trying to blend. If it’s ice pellets or some shaved ice, you’ll need 500 Watts of power minimum.
If you want to crush whole ice cubes, make sure your blender has at least 900-1000 Watts of power.
Can you crush ice with a ninja blender?
Ninja brand has quite an impressive range of blenders that vary in power, shape, and number of functions. So it really depends on which model of the Ninja line you choose.
Pretty much any large countertop model of 1000 Watts of power, hardened stainless steel blades and the durable container will be capable of crushing ice.
Personal-sized single-serve Ninja blenders will not be able to crush ice cubes, but they can blend smaller pieces of ice with some liquid added.