A blender, in its most basic form, is a kitchen appliance used for blending and pulverizing foods. However, contemporary blenders can incorporate more functions. Depending on your preferences and budget, you can purchase a device that chops, grinds, mills, crushes ice and makes perfectly smooth pastes and sauces. Some models can even do as much as kneading the dough and making hot soups.
Some blenders available on the market are crossovers between several different kitchen appliances. But generally speaking, there are two types of blenders: those designed as stationary countertop devices and portable immersion rods.
As electric appliances, blenders are usually a combination of metal, plastic and sometimes glass and rubber components. Models that include stainless steel details, glass pitchers and cups are often on the top of the price range. Plastic devices are cheaper but lighter and easier to handle by comparison.
Choosing a device within a lower price range might be a good idea if you are looking for a compact, portable blender without a large number of functions aside from the basic ones. Blenders like these suit many purposes, from making nutritious drinks to take on the go to preparing baby food.
List of the Best Affordable Blenders:
|Product||Power||Capacity||Speed Settings||Dishwasher Safe?|
|Hamilton Beach Power Elite Blender||700 W||40 oz glass jug||4 speed options for 12 blending functions||Yes|
|Oster BLSTPB-WPK My Blend||250 W||20 oz plastic bottle||Single-speed device||Yes|
|Cincred Blender||250 W||15 oz plastic||Single-speed||Yes|
|Hamilton Beach Personal Blender||175 W||14 oz plastic cup||Single Pulse mode||Yes|
|Magic Bullet Blender||250 W||3 plastic cups (2x18 and 1x12 oz)||Single-speed device||Yes|
|BELLA (13330) Personal Size Rocket Blender||240 W||3 plastic cups (2x21 oz and 1x 13 oz)||Single-speed device||Yes|
|Oster Blender |
|450 W||40 oz glass jug||16 speed options||Yes|
|Mueller Austria Hand Blender||500 W||No jug||8 speed options||Yes|
|Sboly Personal Blender||300 W||2 plastic cups x20 oz||Single-speed device||Yes|
|Ninja Master Prep (QB900B)||400 W||48 oz plastic pitcher & 16 oz plastic chopper bowl||Single-speed device||Yes|
Comparison of the Most Reliable Blenders Under 50 Dollars:
Most Functional Blenders Under $50 Review
- List of the Best Affordable Blenders:
- Comparison of the Most Reliable Blenders Under 50 Dollars:
- Most Functional Blenders Under $50 Review
- Hamilton Beach Power Elite Multi-Function Blender Under 50 Dollars
- Oster BLSTPB-WPK Blender Under 50 Dollars
- Cincred Blender Under 50 Dollars
- Hamilton Beach Personal Smoothie Blender Under 50 Dollars
- Magic Bullet Blender Under 50 Dollars
- BELLA (13330) Personal Size Rocket Blender Under 50 Dollars
- Oster Blender 6812-001 Under 50 Dollars
- Mueller Austria Ultra-Stick 500 Hand Blender Under 50 Dollars
- Sboly Personal Blender Under 50 Dollars
- Ninja Master Prep (QB900B) Blender Under 50 Dollars
- Blender FAQ
Hamilton Beach Power Elite Multi-Function Blender Under 50 Dollars
- 700 watts: peak blending power for powerful ice crushing.
- Wave action system: 700-watt power blender continuously pulls mixture down into the blades for consistently smooth results.
While it’s not exactly ground-breaking, this blender can still pleasantly surprise its owner. It will dutifully chop, dice, mix, whip, pulverize, grind, and grate for you. It will efficiently crush ice, frozen fruit and make icy drinks. What’s more, this Hamilton Beach blender has the capacity that allows making several batches of drinks and dips for your entire family at the same time.
There are a few specific features that make this blending machine stand out. First of all, it’s an amazing heat-resistant glass jug. Sure, it’s not as lightweight as a plastic counterpart might be, but it’s quite durable and scratch-resistant.
Another notable feature is the stainless steel blades. Together with the specifically shaped jug, they form the Wave Action system that pulls chunks of food towards the blades. As a result, your smoothies and dips get a perfectly smooth consistency without much effort on your part.
The manufacturer doesn’t offer much apart from the blending machine itself. This Hamilton Beach blender includes a glass jug with a plastic cap that has a very handy snout so you don’t spill your drinks.
Aside from that, there is a base (with a 700 W motor inside) that stands on 4 wide legs to ensure stability. You also get a user manual and a recipe book.
- Durable, heat-resistant glass jug
- Quite powerful
- Easy to use
- 4 speed options
1. Can I take the blades out for washing?
Yes, you can. Blades are easy to remove and you can wash them in the dishwasher, along with the jug and the lid.
2. Can it chop hard vegetables well?
Yes, it can. However, you’ll need to cut your veggies and add some liquid before putting them into the jug.
3. Is there a way to open the lid while the blender is working to add something to the blend?
Yes, there is a small opening in the lid for that purpose.
4. Is it good for blending hot food?
Yes, the glass jug is heat-resistant, so the blender has no problem blending foods of any temperature.
Oster BLSTPB-WPK Blender Under 50 Dollars
- Blend your favorite smoothie or shake right in the sport bottle
- Dishwasher safe 20 ounce BPA free plastic sport bottle
Obviously designed with an aim to please active lifestyle fans and those who are constantly on the move, this blender is only 15 inches tall and weighs no more than a pound.
This allows using this small but efficient machine at any place that has a power supply. Quite a good option for using during traveling or country getaways.
While 250 W motor may not be all that impressive, Oster My Blend performs well with its core functions. These include making smoothies and cocktails, though its power may not be enough to efficiently crush ice.
Operating it is extremely easy: there is only one power button that offers only one speed mode that allows whipping up your drinks fast and easy.
What’s really convenient is that the plastic blending cup also serves as a smoothie cup/sports bottle to take with you. This means there’s less to wash, which is
undeniably one of the pros.
The modern sporty colorful design is also something worth mentioning. Oster My Blend comes in several brightly colored options to cheer you up.
- Compact and portable
- Personal-use, single-serve blender
- Perfect for making smoothies and cocktails
- Includes a sports bottle with a no-spill lid to take with you on the go
1. What material are the blades made of? Are they removable?
The blades are stainless steel, but they are attached to the base and you can’t remove them.
2. How good is it with crushing ice?
This blender works well with smaller pieces of ice, but isn’t good for crushing regular ice cubes.
3. Is there a Pulse mode?
There is no Pulse mode per se but you can create the Pulse effect by turning the cup left and right (which will make it switch on and off).
4. How good is it with vegetables?
You’ll have to shop your veggies and salad leaves up before feeding them to the blender. Otherwise it may leave big chunks of food behind.
Cincred Blender Under 50 Dollars
- One step to a fresh life: It is easy and fast to get juicing. Just load your ingredients into the cup. Press or let go the bin to switch the juicer on or off. With the all sided design,the cup can be placed perfectly without being examined and directed on the mixer. You can enjoy juice,milk shake,puree,fruit and vegetable drinks,complementary food and more immediately.
- Easily carried double duty cup: Made of the material tritan normally used in infant items,the cup is safe to use. With the silica gel seal rings inside and the cover outside,the fitting lid is designed to be double deck leak and dust proof. Therefore the cup can be stored in a bag or purse without spilling. A slag remover is also included. After juicing,put the remover on the brim of the cup,you can enjoy a perfect glass of juice because the juice froth will have been effectively removed.
One of the Cincred Blender’s strengths is its simplicity. All you have to do is load the ingredients into a BPA-free plastic cup, put a lid on, place it on the base and push the cup down.
Hold it down for as long as you need to make a perfect shake or smoothie – and that’s it, you are good to go. By the way, you can use the blending jar as a portable cup to take with you wherever you go.
While it’s designed as a countertop blender, Cincred Blender is small enough to be taken to work, on a vacation, a country getaway or pretty much anywhere you want.
The plastic blending cup is not very capacious and the device itself isn’t very powerful, but it’s good as a personal blender for a few tasks like making smoothies, juices and mixing your drinks up.
Crushing ice or grinding coffee beans is something this little guy may have trouble with, but otherwise, it’s quite a reliable healthy drink maker.
Cincred Blender is made of BPA-free plastic and comes with a silicone drinkable no-spill lid for the cup.
All in all, it’s an option to consider for someone who is looking for good value for their money.
- One of the cheapest options on the market
- Compact and easy to carry around
- Easy to wash
- Offers a cup with a drinkable lid to sip on your smoothies on the go.
1. How good is this blender at pulverizing frozen fruit?
It’s better to avoid putting ice and frozen fruit into it. The motor is not powerful enough to efficiently crush ice and big chunks of ice can damage the plastic cup.
2. How does this blender compare to NutriBullet, Ninja, and MagicBullet blenders?
Cincred Blender is smaller, with less blending cup capacity, but when it comes to its core functions, it performs on a par with other blenders, including more expensive devices.
3. Does it fit American or European voltage standards?
It runs on 110 V, which is standard for Canada and the US.
4. Does this blender come with extra cups?
No, it doesn’t. Cincred Blender comes with a single 15 oz cup that also serves as a portable cup.
Hamilton Beach Personal Smoothie Blender Under 50 Dollars
- Compact design and BPA free: great for home, office and travel with on the go portability
- Blend and go: blend and drink from the 14 ounce jar and lid which are both dishwasher safe
It won’t do much besides blending and whipping and mixing your smoothies, but it’s exactly what it was designed for.
Being one of the most affordable blenders, Hamilton Beach Personal Smoothie Blender is equipped with a single blade, only has one speed option, and doesn’t come with any extra components.
It’s not extremely powerful with its 175 W motor but it manages to do what it’s supposed to do: give you a cup of a freshly whipped smoothie in the mornings.
It’s one of those blenders that takes very little space if you put it on your kitchen countertop or a shelf but just as convenient to take to work or any other place you want.
It’s very lightweight too, thanks to the fact it’s mostly made of BPA-free plastic.
The small 14 ounce plastic jug has measurement marks on it, which is convenient, and can be removed to wash in a dishwasher. The blades are not removable, though.
This Hamilton Beach Personal Smoothie Blender also comes in fun color options to brighten up your day.
- Easy on the budget
- Small and lightweight, good for taking to work or on a trip
- Perfect for quick morning smoothie whipping
- Bright and colorful
1. Does this blender have removable parts? How easy is it to clean?
You can detach the plastic jug from the base, but not much else besides that. It’s possible to wash it in the dishwasher, but you can clean it much better if you just add some water and soap into it, close the lid and switch it on for a little while.
2. How good is this machine with blending tougher vegetables and celery stalks?
You’ll have to remove the hard stalks or chop them up finely before putting them into the blender or avoid using them altogether.
3. Can it blend ice and frozen fruit?
You can use ice pellets rather than regular ice cubes for your icy drinks and some frozen fruit. However, it’s better to be careful in this case as Hamilton Beach Personal Smoothie Blender isn’t designed for processing harder ingredients and may stall.
Magic Bullet Blender Under 50 Dollars
- The Magic Bullet chops, mixes, blends, whips, grinds and more. Cups are made out of high-impact plastic
- Effortlessly create your favorite meals and snacks like smoothies, omelets, sauces and dips. 250 Watts high-torque power base
Its 250 W motor lets it whip, blend, chop and grind your single-serve drinks with surprising efficiency.
Drinks are not all this small machine can do, though. Magic Bullet blender can just as well cope with blending your favorite appetizers and whipping creams. It may not perform as well with tougher ingredients like ice or nuts.
But then again, being a low-power personal smoothie maker it’s not really supposed to perform as well as powerful professional countertop blenders (which are also much more expensive).
The package includes a power base, 3 cups (a 18 ounce blending cup, a 18 ounce mug and a small 12 ounce cup), 3 lids (including a flip-flop lid), and a small recipe book.
This is extremely convenient if you need to whip up a few drinks to have on a go or store that freshly made dip sauce in the fridge till later.
All in all, it’s a great and affordable device if you need something that doesn’t take a lot of space but works efficiently and can be easily taken to whatever place you need it at.
- Great budget-saving option
- Smaller than many other personal blenders
- Comes with useful extras
1. Are this product’s components made of non-toxic plastic?
Yes, all cups and lids are made of BPA-free plastic.
2. How good is it at blending icy drinks?
You might want to put smaller pieces of ice in it but in general, Magic Bullet blender is good with crushing ice and making icy cocktails.
3. What about chopping seeds and nuts?
Magic Bullet blender manages to chop seeds and nuts finely for your drinks and appetizers. Just make sure to add some liquid to the mix for smoother texture.
4. How durable is this blender?
If used according to its purpose, this Magic Bullet blender is good for years of daily use.
BELLA (13330) Personal Size Rocket Blender Under 50 Dollars
- HANDHELD BLENDING POWER: This powerful & compact blender has a 240 watt power base with a stainless steel blending blade that can emulsify & liquify whole fruits & even leafy greens, plus a grinding blade that allows you to pulverize dry foods and spices
- SIMPLE & VERSATILE: The Rocket Blender comes with 2 tall blending cups & 1 small grinding cup for various quantities of food. The blades attach directly to each cup so you can enjoy a smoothie right from the cup you use to prepare it with minimal cleanup
BELLA Personal Size Rocket Blender has 240 W of power capacity, which makes it quite similar to other personal blenders of this kind.
This means that while the manufacturer claims that it performs well grinding dry foods and blending leafy veggies, it might not work so well crushing ice and frozen foods and grinding tougher ingredients like nuts.
That being said, BELLA Personal Size Rocket Blender still can be quite versatile. It successfully chops, blends, mixes, whips, and purees anything you feed it. So it’s safe to say that it can be used for more than just making smoothies.
Dip sauces, pastes, purees, and mousses are something it can cope with too. Besides, you can use it for grinding coffee beans as well.
This blender is definitely something that won’t confuse you when it comes to using it. Both its design and way of use is as simple as it can get: you load ingredients in a cup, attach it to the base and switch the button.
It looks very simple too: not too flashy or colorful but certainly practical and functional.
Another nice thing about it is that this blender comes as a multiple piece set with a number of additional components that will make your blending experience even greater.
A 12-piece set includes 2 tall blending cups (21 ounce), a short cup (13 ounce), 4 lids and 2 cup rings. Two of the lids are with smaller or larger holes to use with your shakes.
- Affordable price
- Lots of useful extra components
- Extremely easy to use
1. Is it possible to get more cups aside from what the standard package offers?
No, it’s not. BELLA Personal Size Rocket Blender comes with three cups that can be used in many ways.
2. Can you use mason jars with this blender?
No, it’s better to use the cups specifically manufactured for this product.
3. How does this blender perform with harder veggies like carrots or cucumbers?
You’ll need to chop up tougher vegetables so it could blend them smoothly.
Oster Blender 6812-001 Under 50 Dollars
- 700 power watts/450 blending watts
- Crush Pro 4 Blade uses stainless steel, 4 point design to pulverize and chop with precision
There is a number of interesting features it offers that make it stand out among other low-budget models. First of all, it comes with a 5-cup durable heat-resistant glass jug and that’s not bad at all considering it can make a few servings at once, which saves a lot of time.
Second, it features a stainless steel Crush Pro 4 blade that allows for more efficient blending. There are also 16 speed options for mincing, grinding, ice crushing and making smoothies, milkshakes and frozen drinks.
Oster Blender 6812-001 doesn’t come with any additional components, which is understandable for a blender like this, as any extras would affect its price.
In terms of design, it’s minimalistic and sleek enough to look well on your kitchen countertop. While not being too large, this countertop blender is hardly portable.
- Low-budget blender
- Powerful enough to offer quality blending
- Quite versatile for an inexpensive device
- Capacious, durable, and heat-resistant glass jug
1. Can this blender perform well with leafy veggies and herbs?
Yes, it can. Use Pulse mode and add some liquid for smoother consistency.
2. How good is this blender with shipping up mousses and purees?
Oster Blender 6812-001 can make perfectly smooth potato and other vegetable purees or whisking up creams of your choice.
3. What if the glass jug breaks? Is it possible to replace it?
Yes, you can easily replace it by contacting the manufacturer via the official company website or just order it online.
Mueller Austria Ultra-Stick 500 Hand Blender Under 50 Dollars
- SOPHISTICATED DESIGN - The ergonomic grip offers a non-slip and comfortable grip when continuously blending ingredients.
- EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY - The full copper motor withstands continuous use and will last 3X longer than competitor's motors.
One of the most appealing things about it is its power: a 500 W motor ensures quite an efficient performance for a hand blender. This means that no matter what you want to do with it, it will manage to do well both with basic tasks like whipping and blending and with more challenging ones like grinding and milling.
What’s also great is that it comes with two detachable attachments, a whisk and an S-shaped blade. All parts of this blender are dishwasher safe and easy to clean.
Mueller Austria Ultra-Stick 500 Hand Blender has two buttons for two speed modes: a regular one and a Turbo mode. Turbo option is a high-speed mode that helps this blender cope with more difficult tasks.
It would be fair to say that this handheld blending machine is quite versatile. You can use it for all kinds of blending, mixing, whipping, beating and pureeing tasks with perfect ease.
When it comes to design, it looks quite nice with its combination of brushed metal finish and plastic details. It’s easy to handle – the shape of the blender ensures a comfortable grip.
What’s more, the removable shaft and attachments are made of stainless steel so you can rest assured your blender is safe and good for years of use.
- Extremely easy to use
- Turbo option for better performance with more challenging tasks
- Easy to clean
1. What is its country of origin?
Mueller Austria Ultra-Stick 500 Hand Blender is made in China.
2. Is it safe to use this blender with hot substances ( for example, hot soups) right on the stove?
Yes, it’s absolutely safe to use for this purpose and blends hot sous, purees and creams well.
3. How long can you use ti without switching the power button off?
Please make sure that you don’t let it work for more than a minute at a time. Otherwise you can damage the motor.
4. Is this blender wireless?
No, it’s not. This blender has a power cord.
Sboly Personal Blender Under 50 Dollars
- THE ULTIMATE PERSONAL BLENDER - Have you been looking for a quick and effortless way to make your smoothies, shakes and juices on the go? The Sboly Personal Blender is the answer! With a simple one-touch operation, you can now easily make your favorite drinks in as little as 10 seconds. Once your drink is ready pull off the portable cup and enjoy it anywhere!
- POWERFUL & COMPACT - This one of a kind blender has a robust 300W motor, yet features a compressed and unique design. Watch your contents instantly chop into tiny pieces with the 4 stainless steel, ultra-sharp blades. Unlike other blenders that are large, bulky and hard to store, this product allows for easy storage.
This device will be a great pick for you if you are always on the move and don’t have much time for cooking or cleaning. This personal blender will whip up your smoothie within seconds and all you have to do afterwards is rinse it and then put the blending cup on your dishwasher’s top rack.
One of the great things about it is that it has quite a powerful motor for a single-serve blender (300 W). This means it’s more than capable of blending perfectly smooth drinks, without leaving any big chunks in it.
When it comes to functions, there is not much versatility here. There is only one button and one speed option but the device’s four stainless steel blades chop and blend whatever you give them quickly and effectively.
Another thing that speaks in its favor is safety. This Sboly Personal Blender won’t work until you’ve installed, fixed and closed the blending cup properly.
The package includes 2 bottles made of plastic material called Tritan. Tritan is a very durable, heat-resistant and eco-friendly material. Both cups have 20 ounce capacity, which is just enough for one serving.
Like all personal blenders, this one is quite portable and lightweight enough to carry around.
- Compact, portable single-serve device
- Quite powerful for a blending machine of its size
- Comes with an extra cup
- Easy to use
1. Are the plastic cups BPA free?
Yes, all plastic details featured in this blender are non-toxic and BPA-free.
2. Where is this blender manufactured?
Sboly Personal Blender is made in the USA.
3. Does this blender operate on its own?
You will have to hold the power button down in order for it to work. Once you let it go, the blender switches off. This can be used as a kind of a Pulse mode.
4. Can I get more than one additional cup in my package?
You can easily order additional cups and replacements from the manufacturer.
Ninja Master Prep (QB900B) Blender Under 50 Dollars
- Frozen blending and perfect, even chopping
- 2 conveniently sized jars. EASY TO USE : Ergonomic operation with one touch pulsing creates an easy to use and safe product
It’s worth noting that while it’s quite small, Ninja Master Prep can’t be considered as a portable device. It’s more of a space-saving countertop kitchen appliance to use on a daily basis.
One of this blender’s specific features that makes it stand out is its “inverted” design. What I mean is Ninja Master Prep has its motor on top and it has to be dipped into the jug and not vice versa.
Perhaps this makes it stand somewhere in the middle between classic countertop machines and immersion blenders.
Another interesting thing about that sets it apart is that Ninja Master Prep is basically a crossover between a blender and a food processor. Taking into account its 400 W of power, it can easily cope with lots of tasks, from blending smoothies to ice crushing and milling dry ingredients.
The package includes a 48 ounce plastic pitcher, 2 smaller jars (16 ounce) and 2 silicone lids sized to fit all containers.
The blender is powered by a single large button on the top of the power pod. You only have to hold it down to make it work, which provides nice Pulse action for smoother consistency of your drinks and other meals.
- Comes with extra blending jars
1. Is this blender dishwasher safe?
All removable parts of the Ninja Master Prep blender are dishwasher safe. However, make sure that you keep the power pod away from water at all times.
2. Can this blender effectively crush ice?
Ninja Master Prep is extremely efficient with crushing ice, whether it’s ice pellets or ice cubes.
3. How good is this blender with vegetables like kale, celery, or leaf salads?
This blender chops up all leafy veggies finely if you use a Pulse mode and add some liquid.
Is 900 watts good for a blender?
It largely depends on what kind of blender you need. Blenders come in all shapes and sizes and their power capacity may range from 200 W to over 1000 W. A low-power device isn’t necessarily a bad one.
Small portable single-serving blending machines just don’t need all the power of a large multifunctional countertop blender, so 200-400 W of power is ok for them.
On the other hand, if you want your blender to have many functions and perform more difficult tasks, 900 Watts and more will be just fine.
What watt blender is best?
Again, it depends on what you expect your blender to do. If you want it to make everything from smoothies and shakes to nut butter and ice crushing, get a device with 900 W of power and more. The same concerns blenders with high-capacity jugs that make several servings at the same time.
If you only need no more than a smoothie maker and cocktail shaker, 300-500 Watt would be optimal.
What is the highest watt blender?
Some of the most powerful blenders on the market have around 1500 – 1800 Watts of power.
For example, Cleanblend Commercial Blender features a 1800 W motor. It needs this power to perform well with its many functions from smoothie blending to batter whisking.
Another powerful blender is Blendtec Designer Series Blender. Like the previous product, it’s a multifunctional countertop device with a large 90 ounce jug. This one offers 1500 Watts of power.
How many watts should a good blender have?
Power capacity is not the first thing you should look for in a blender because the number of Watts doesn’t define a good blender. Any blender on the market is a combination of various levels of functionality, versatility, quality components and, among other aspects, power.
Sometimes a lot of power may just mean that a blender is more noisy than its counterparts. For a quality countertop product, 500 – 900 Watts should be enough to perform well.
What is a high power blender?
In simpler terms, a high-power blender is a device with high power capacity. But in fact, it’s much more than that. High-power blenders are contemporary kitchen appliances that can do more than conventional blending machines.
For example, a high-power blender can easily whip up and heat liquids and are used for making hot soups. This type of blending machine can knead dough and make ice-cream, make nut butter and whole juices.
In general, high-power blenders are state-of-the-art kitchen appliances that transcend the limits of what classic blenders can do.
It’s quite possible to find a blender than fits any budget, even if this budget is less than 50 USD. There is a wide choice of nice portable personal devices within that price range. However, if a single-serve blending machine isn’t what you need, you can find a suitable countertop blender under 50 dollars as well.